I spent $500 dollars trying out 10 different traffic sources to scale horizontal running an offer for mobile CPI over at AppFlood [sign up here] Many gurus out there say, if you have a winning campaign you can just cut n paste it to other traffic sources and you will be stacking that money.
I wanted to put that “simple and easy cut n paste method” to the test , so I took one of my killer, strong campaigns where i spent high xxxx on data, and had optimized on my favorite traffic source and decided to load up $50 bucks into 10 different traffic sources and bid everywhere the minimum CPM or CPC they require. Now on some traffic sources this was $2.50 CPM, on others 0.05 CPC, and so on so forth.
3/3/2015 – We’ve moved to our new office – The Castle; at the end of November of last year. We are currently having the exterior finished and when it will be, I’ll be posting up photos of the new and improved team. My media buying team has trippled in size since the move, now I have 21 full time employees running campaigns. Why? Because it is necessary to stay ahead.
When I started media buying, I started right away with 1 full time assistant, and one full time designer. So knowing nothing, I was in the hole a couple grand a month even before I executed my first mouse click to login to my CPA Network. Some might say I was crazy, but I was under the belief that as long as I approach affiliate marketing like a business, I will succeed, and I did – big time 5 months in.. but that’s another story.
I was down and in the red over $20,000 by the time I figured out how to make money buying ads, and then it hit – really hard. Instead of saving all that cash, or buying fancy toys (like a nice car, or bigger house, or going to the cocoa islands) I reinvested all that cash, rented an office, hired more staff and coached & trained my employees how to run campaigns so we can Stack That Money! And it WORKED and continues to work to this day!
It’s no secret that making high $XXXX/day requires a lot of work not only that; now it takes SPEED, SYSTEMS and ORGANIZATION!
Standing desks are all the hype, and they serve a great purpose for us computer nerds who can’t get off the computer. Well, I don’t have one at home and since I’ve been pretty sick this past week sitting on a shitty chair really started killing my back. Quick out of the box thinking, and DIY magic and Voila!! The Do-It-Yourself Standing Desk was Born!
PS: This is just a joke obviously Nevertheless, an out of the box solution.
*This guide assumed that you already have an account on ClickDealer (or another network that uses CAKE platform) and that you were approved for the offer you want to add to voluum.
If you haven’t yet signed up for an account click here; or if you haven’t yet been approved for the offer make sure you talk to your rep and take care of that before proceeding.
1) Login to Clickdealer HERE and click on Offers on the left
2) Find the offer you want to add to voluum and click on it
3) Once you clicked on it, a pop up should open up with the offer, click the Creatives tab
4) Look for the offer link and copy it (in my case offer link is http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s1= )
5) IMPORTANT: Click dealer is allergic to receiving SUBIDs from voluum via s1 token, so its important to modify the link so the end of it reads &s2=
like this: http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s2=
Copy the new modified link to clipboard!
6) Go back to Voluum and click on OFFERS from the top menu bar
7) Click on NEW OFFER – the green button
8) Paste the link you copied to clipboard; in my case http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s2= into the URL field.
9) For the NAME field, type in the offer ID and the name they have on ClickDealer
10) For country, select the geo this offer is in
11) From the Affiliate Networks tab select ClickDealer (I assume you added your CPA Network already, if not follow the steps above under the section Adding your CPA Networks to Voluum)
12) For payout put Manual, and type in the payout your network gives you
13) Press SAVE when done
14) Next we are going to place the POSTBACK URl.
WTF is a postBack URL and why do I need it? When someone clicks your banners, they get a unique serial #, if that unique serial # results in a conversion, then the CPA Network will POST BACK that serial number to your tracker, so it knows to mark it as a conversion/lead – that’s what a PostBack URL is used for in a nutshell)
17) In voluum, click the gear icon on the top right.
18) Click the SETUP tab on top
19) Look for the PostBack URL down on the page, click the CLIPBOARD button to copy it to the clipboard
20) You should have something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=REPLACE&payout=OPTIONAL&txid=OPTIONAL
21) To keep it simple, we need to strip all the junk from this URL, and you should too – so you only have something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=
22) Next, we want to append the postback URL subID that CAKE uses; something we setup in step #5 – #s2#
Our PostBack URL should look something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=#s2#
Copy it to the clipboard
23) Go back to Clickdealer, to the offer windows (I hope you didn’t close it) and click on Testing & Tracking tab
24) Under the testing&tracking tab paste your tracker link you copied in step #22 into the Postback URL (Server Pixel) field and then click SAVE.
25) We are done with this part, now postback URL has been placed so conversions will register in Voluum when they arrive in Clickdealer.
To continue we will be creating a campaign using Cake platform (through ClickDealer) and Voluum.
26) Click NEW Campaign and fill in the fields as follows:
-For Name put – Test 002
-Traffic Source: select the traffic source you added previously that you want to run this offer on
-Select the country for your offer
-Cost mode: Don’t track clicks (unless you want to, I personally don’t because I use an excel to calculate my costs/profits)
-Redirect mode: 302
-We aren’t using a lander, so click DIrect Linking check box
-From the drop down, select the offer, and press SAVE
27) After the new campaign is created, it will return the screen with a unique Campaign URL and highlight it in green. This is what you need when setting up the campaign on the traffic source!! Click the Clipboard icon to copy it to your clipboard. From there you should save it in a notepad or excel because you will need it when you setup on your traffic source.
28) Next, you have to login to your traffic source, create campaign, upload banners and use the Campaign URL we copied in previous step as your link where traffic will be sent to.
29) Now you know how to setup a campaign using CAKE and voluum from scratch, sweet
Time Saving Trick: Clickdealer and the CAKE platform has the option to set a master postback URL. This is a great time saver, because you don’t have to set a postback URL each and everytime then. Ask your rep, they usually can do it for you fast.
The Top Affiliate Networks that use CAKE and I recommend are: