SmartCJ (at this time, version 1.50) doesn’t support the ability for you to synonymize a selected group within. So you have to get creative to do this.
What is required
A) Main smartcj tube site
B) Secondary smartcj install (for testing,etc) example: test.yoursite.com with smartcj installed in root (so admin will be test.yoursite.com/scj/admin)
C) SSH access to your server
1) Login to main smartcj tube site, click on rotation>export
2) From the selection pick the POOL, and from the drop down menu select SOURCE URL, ALT (or Description), skip everything else, separator should be |
3) Press export
4) Now head over to the secondary (test) smartcj install, and login to the admin area
5) Click on rotation>import
6) Select URL|ALT in the drop downs, any group will do (group1, or whatever) select POOL or ACTIVE (this doesn’t matter either).
7) Paste in your list you exported from main tube and press import
8) Click on Rotation>Settings – click Synonymize tab, then turn synonymize ON, and select your desired % to synonimize, press SAVE.
9) Open an SSH to your server and login
9) Goto the cd your_domain/scj/bin
10) Then type: env HTTP_HOST=yourdomain.com php rot.php synomize_all_descriptions=true
11) Let it run, after its done you’ve synonimized all your description.
12) Click on Rotation>Export – pick URL|ALT, press export
13) Copy the list into notepad, and then head back to the main tube
14) Select Rotation>Row Massedit
15) Select URL, then ALT
16) Paste your list, and press IMPORT
This is the work around to synonimize stuff on your main tube which is in the POOL.