- Login to your adwords account.
- Click on +CAMPAIGN button and select DISPLAY NETWORK ONLY
- Type a campaign name – and select no marketing objective, select the country you want to target, budget per day, leave rest as default
Affiliate marketing got 4238% harder this year; google introduced a new algo making it extremely hard to keep accounts live and same for Facebook. What can a man that is used to mega profits for selling snake oil do in times of need? GO GURU of course!
What does it mean to go GURU? It means when you cross over from actually doing affiliate marketing to saying you do affiliate marketing so you can lure in newbies and other naive and very gullible get rich quick wannabes to your ‘secrets’.
Most GURUS out there do not make money from affiliate marketing; they might have made some money before; but then it got hard so they switched.
Desktop and Mobile traffic behave completely different; and if we think about it there’s a logical explanation to this. When a person is on desktop, they have more screen space, it’s easier to fill out forms, and perform actions like entering a credit card number – compare that to mobile, where the screen is usually tiny, you have to enter things by touch typing (prone for mistakes, even for the fastest and best typists) – it just becomes stressful at times, and tedious to fill out long forms and/or complete offers/checkouts, etc.
When it comes to advertising on adwords, the partial key to success lies in segmenting your campaigns into mobile and desktop, separating them. A great way to do this is to exclude mobile traffic. If your traffic jumps, but your conversion tanks at the same time – you might want to look into blocking mobile traffic on your campaign.
Currently, you can do one of two things to do just that:
#1) Click on your campaign, then click the settings tab, and click devices and apply a bid adjustment of -100% (decrease) to Mobile devices with full browsers
#2) You can click your campaign, then DISPLAY NETWORK, followed by the big TARGETING button, selecting one ad group, scrolling down and looking for campaign exclusions, and here excluding 1 placement by the name adsenseformobileapps.com
I meet a lot of affiliate marketers who are still making a giant mistake when it comes to picking the best creatives while optimizing. That is why I decided to quickly write up this guide to hopefully help You once and for all to never make that mistake.
Using this method in your media buying strategy is a must if you want to dominate the competition. Remember, most affiliates overlook this and pick off heart after seeing some good numbers in Voluum data.
Let’s do an exercise together
This is a really handy feature of SimilarWeb that I use when building out keyword lists of competitors for my search campaigns on adwords.
This is how you go about building out a really good list of competitor names/URLs.
1. Go to google, type in your niche that you are promoting. Let’s say mortgage brokers.
2. Take a couple of mortgage brokers from the first page, and write them in excel.
3. Go into similar web and click on Competitors > Similar Sites
4. Click the Download Icon, so you grab the spreadsheet
5. Select All + Copy the URLs from Column A into your clip board
6. Go here and paste the links in, press Open checked links!!
7. Now go through using CONTROL/CMD+TAB through the tabs, taking out the relevant competitors.
8. Add them to your excel sheet.
There you go, now you have a ton of competitors and new keywords to target that are highly effective!