This is a really handy feature of SimilarWeb that I use when building out keyword lists of competitors for my search campaigns on adwords.
This is how you go about building out a really good list of competitor names/URLs.
1. Go to google, type in your niche that you are promoting. Let’s say mortgage brokers.
2. Take a couple of mortgage brokers from the first page, and write them in excel.
3. Go into similar web and click on Competitors > Similar Sites
4. Click the Download Icon, so you grab the spreadsheet
5. Select All + Copy the URLs from Column A into your clip board
6. Go here and paste the links in, press Open checked links!!
7. Now go through using CONTROL/CMD+TAB through the tabs, taking out the relevant competitors.
8. Add them to your excel sheet.
There you go, now you have a ton of competitors and new keywords to target that are highly effective!
There are many tools out there that can tell you your Ping time, load times, and other interesting information presented through colorful graphs and pie charts. Most of us, beyond running these tests are clueless as to what they really mean.
Well, if your page is loading slowly, many people on mobile or web will just cancel out and leave altogether – but you paid for the click already so you lose out not ONCE but potentially multiple times because of opportunity costs.
Why does this happen? The answer is not complicated if you think about it…
Imagine this, you are browsing the web – wanting to read the latest breaking news for example on the tragic Germanwings plane crash that just happened recently.
You click on an image on news.google.com that has a picture of the blackbox, it opens in a new tab, but after a few seconds nothing, it still says page is loading. You close the tab, go back and click on another news article on the page.
See what just happened? You never, ever saw what you wanted to because the image you clicked on (that got your interest) never materialized in form of a web page due to some connection issue. This happens more often than you think.
From an affiliate marketing standpoint, what just happened was you had a high CTR banner, someone clicked it because they wanted to learn more about what they saw on the banner with that shocking picture; but when they did click, they could see NOTHING. Maybe due to a connection issue, NO PAGE came up so they closed the screen. BUT, you as the affiliate marketer were charged for the traffic regardless.
So let me teach you what you can do to lower your load time, and also your lost traffic and increase your profits.
Here we go…
How to optimize your landing page so they load FAST (and Make You More Money!) [readers digest version]
I have been nerding it up on the computer since I was 8 years old (23+ years and counting today) and some of the stuff comes second nature to me, but when I talk to newbies and beginners I am always reminded just because it’s so simple for me that doesn’t mean everyone knows how to do it too.
That is why I’ve decided to write this guide….
So here we go… how to find the right web host and setup wordpress on it…
A new wordpress blog starts with a new domain name and a web hosting account. If you don’t have a domain name registered, or a web hosting account you cannot setup wordpress on your own.
If you don’t already have a web host, or need a new hosting account for whatever reason (maybe to look unique, i.e. totally different IP address/geo/etc) then this guide is for you.
I spent $500 dollars trying out 10 different traffic sources to scale horizontal running an offer for mobile CPI over at AppFlood [sign up here] Many gurus out there say, if you have a winning campaign you can just cut n paste it to other traffic sources and you will be stacking that money.
I wanted to put that “simple and easy cut n paste method” to the test , so I took one of my killer, strong campaigns where i spent high xxxx on data, and had optimized on my favorite traffic source and decided to load up $50 bucks into 10 different traffic sources and bid everywhere the minimum CPM or CPC they require. Now on some traffic sources this was $2.50 CPM, on others 0.05 CPC, and so on so forth.
*This guide assumed that you already have an account on ClickDealer (or another network that uses CAKE platform) and that you were approved for the offer you want to add to voluum.
If you haven’t yet signed up for an account click here; or if you haven’t yet been approved for the offer make sure you talk to your rep and take care of that before proceeding.
1) Login to Clickdealer HERE and click on Offers on the left
2) Find the offer you want to add to voluum and click on it
3) Once you clicked on it, a pop up should open up with the offer, click the Creatives tab
4) Look for the offer link and copy it (in my case offer link is http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s1= )
5) IMPORTANT: Click dealer is allergic to receiving SUBIDs from voluum via s1 token, so its important to modify the link so the end of it reads &s2=
like this: http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s2=
Copy the new modified link to clipboard!
6) Go back to Voluum and click on OFFERS from the top menu bar
7) Click on NEW OFFER – the green button
8) Paste the link you copied to clipboard; in my case http://cldapp.com/?a=14030&c=64375&s2= into the URL field.
9) For the NAME field, type in the offer ID and the name they have on ClickDealer
10) For country, select the geo this offer is in
11) From the Affiliate Networks tab select ClickDealer (I assume you added your CPA Network already, if not follow the steps above under the section Adding your CPA Networks to Voluum)
12) For payout put Manual, and type in the payout your network gives you
13) Press SAVE when done
14) Next we are going to place the POSTBACK URl.
WTF is a postBack URL and why do I need it? When someone clicks your banners, they get a unique serial #, if that unique serial # results in a conversion, then the CPA Network will POST BACK that serial number to your tracker, so it knows to mark it as a conversion/lead – that’s what a PostBack URL is used for in a nutshell)
17) In voluum, click the gear icon on the top right.
18) Click the SETUP tab on top
19) Look for the PostBack URL down on the page, click the CLIPBOARD button to copy it to the clipboard
20) You should have something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=REPLACE&payout=OPTIONAL&txid=OPTIONAL
21) To keep it simple, we need to strip all the junk from this URL, and you should too – so you only have something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=
22) Next, we want to append the postback URL subID that CAKE uses; something we setup in step #5 – #s2#
Our PostBack URL should look something like this: http://iamati.trackvoluum.com/postback?cid=#s2#
Copy it to the clipboard
23) Go back to Clickdealer, to the offer windows (I hope you didn’t close it) and click on Testing & Tracking tab
24) Under the testing&tracking tab paste your tracker link you copied in step #22 into the Postback URL (Server Pixel) field and then click SAVE.
25) We are done with this part, now postback URL has been placed so conversions will register in Voluum when they arrive in Clickdealer.
To continue we will be creating a campaign using Cake platform (through ClickDealer) and Voluum.
26) Click NEW Campaign and fill in the fields as follows:
-For Name put – Test 002
-Traffic Source: select the traffic source you added previously that you want to run this offer on
-Select the country for your offer
-Cost mode: Don’t track clicks (unless you want to, I personally don’t because I use an excel to calculate my costs/profits)
-Redirect mode: 302
-We aren’t using a lander, so click DIrect Linking check box
-From the drop down, select the offer, and press SAVE
27) After the new campaign is created, it will return the screen with a unique Campaign URL and highlight it in green. This is what you need when setting up the campaign on the traffic source!! Click the Clipboard icon to copy it to your clipboard. From there you should save it in a notepad or excel because you will need it when you setup on your traffic source.
28) Next, you have to login to your traffic source, create campaign, upload banners and use the Campaign URL we copied in previous step as your link where traffic will be sent to.
29) Now you know how to setup a campaign using CAKE and voluum from scratch, sweet
Time Saving Trick: Clickdealer and the CAKE platform has the option to set a master postback URL. This is a great time saver, because you don’t have to set a postback URL each and everytime then. Ask your rep, they usually can do it for you fast.
The Top Affiliate Networks that use CAKE and I recommend are:
*This guide assumes that you already have an account on Yeahmobi (or another network that uses hasoffers platform) and that you were approved for the offer you want to ad to voluum. If you haven’t yet signed up for an account click here; or if you haven’t yet been approved for the offer make sure you talk to your rep and take care of that before proceeding.