Setting up a new affiliate marketing campaign might look easy to an outsider; they think, throw it up on a traffic source, optimize, profit BIG right?
I’m sure you agree; what they don’t realize is all the stuff that goes into launching a campaign; hell it’s made up of soooo many steps, requiring so much knowledge and experience that no wonder, most who try fail at this affiliate marketing game.
Million dollar per year campaigns can be made, but it requires systems. Charles Ngo talks about systems, all the time because he’s right – that IS the key to success.
So let me share with you my system and process of launching campaigns…a system made up of many steps…
Today we live in a very competitive time, where new affiliates are jumping in each day stealing our campaigns, it really is coming down to survival of the fittest.
That means, we need to be on our toes, launch more campaigns faster, and with bigger budgets.
This might sound impossible, especially if you are one man show, but with good organization and a few virtual assistants you can solve it – and I will teach you how easily really.
As My internal team grew it was time to get shit organized, so we could do more projects at the same time and not get lost in all the TO DOs.
We started using a tool that can help delegate tasks better, and also track how much each part of the project costs. To stay on budget, and on time.
There’s a shitload of tools out there to manage projects, unfortunately most seem to focus on freelancers where they charge by hours worked, and don’t offer the option to track all the little expense pieces that go into every campaign. Anyway…
Here’s the golden giveaway, my typical campaign process for a health campaign that is broken into tasks in my project management tool:
- Come up with angles (anglesaurus)
- Order landing pages (bannerslanders)
- Order banner or click bait fb images (bannerslanders)
- Order new safe site for cloaking (bannerslanders)
- Buy a domain name (namecheap)
- Buy a new hosting package with unique IP (bluehost)
- Setup the domain on the host (bluehost)
- Get link from CPA Network (Adcombo)
- Create campaign in tracker (voluum)
- Create new campaign in cloaker
- Setup cloaker code in safepage
- Grab the FB Pixel and or Adwords Pixels – establish different events in code
- Place the pixels in the safe site / landing pages
- Place the pixel with tne CPA network
- Test the flow with cloaker off/on
- Create campaign on Facebook or Adwords
- Wait for approval, and note down once approved – also note down if disapproved – solve issue
- Monitor voluum making sure clicks are coming in
- Monitor facebook and/or adwords pixel to see if its tracking properly and sending data back
- Look at the data, optimize as needed by stopping adsets/adgroups
- Increase budgets when there’s statistically significant data and SCALE $$$
This is a LOT to keep in your head, it’s a shit ton of post it notes on someone’s monitor.
Every element has a price, usually an estimated budget, and an actual cost. For example, when registering domains you can save some bucks by using coupons, so even though budget is $10 lets say, you can sometimes come in at $5 which is awesome.
With the project management tool we use now, the costs associated with each task in the project can be tracked, and it automatically ads it up.
Another awesome feature it has is TEMPLATING. So you can create a typical project flow, like I’ve listed above and save it in templates.
Let’s say we want to launch a SKIN campaign in US,UK,CA we can duplicate the template 3x, rename it so it looks like this
and open each, then delegate all the tasks to our VAs and ourselves. And set deadlines, plus save all the required files, and/or login info all in one place so it’s easy to keep track of. And keep tabs on our budget, and or expenses.
NOTHING will be missed, everything will be done fast, and you will end up doing more in the same ammount of time than before. Very important, especially now when everyone wants to be an affiliate marketer so competition is fierce.
This awesome project management tool is FREE for 14 days, so try it here and experience it yourself to understand WHY I LOVE IT.