Recently I have been searching for a good web software for site optimization and came across an interesting find: SEMRush. We do know how expensive keyword research applications are. With SEMrush, small to medium-size business finally have the much awaited helping hand due to their competitive pricing.
For as little $69.95, you would have the power to maximize your online visibility through competitive keyword research, backlink analysis, site auditing, competitor research and so much more.
Today, I would be giving you a guide regarding the SEMRush’s features and how you would be able to use them.
- You can check your website’s “health” in the SEO World by checking the the SEARCH OVERVIEW tab. This will provide you your much needed information as to how your web traffic is doing. The good thing about this feature is that you would be able to see both your organic reach and your paid reach (if you are using paid advertisement for traffic). There is also a list of the top organic keywords your visitors use to reach your site.
- You would be able to see your COMPETITOR’S ORGANIC REACH relative to your site when you go to the “Competitor’s” tab right after placing your domain on the “Organic Search Bar”. A table detailing your nearest competitors using the same type of keywords would appear. As soon as you scroll down, you would be able to see a more detailed table for the common keywords you use together with your competitors.
- One interesting feature about SEMRush is it’s ability to show you KEYWORD OPPORTUNITIES. This mean keywords by which your competitors are ranking well but you are not. It would be a great way to assess where your site is lacking. You may want to focus on these keywords later on.
- Aside from your organic reach, you would also be able to see your PAID Ad Competitors as well as your Ads history.
There are still other more advanced features you may want to see and use. Basically SEMRush gives you a lot of head start compared to other tracking and optimization tools. My favorite feature is its ability to show you how your SEO ranking changes over time together with other website near you and which keywords have declined somehow.
SEO is not only expensive but also very time consuming. With SEMRush, you have a relatively affordable way to jumpstart your site’s search engine optimization strategies while saving time and effort where it matters.
To be able to enjoy SEMRush’s features, just follow these very easy steps:
- Go to SEMRush’s website and sign-up for your account.
- You will then be taken to your dashboard where you can start working on your specific projects.
- Navigate through the options to start working on your organic research and back links.