You may, or may not know that the Facebook Audience Insights tool is total crap. It doesn’t let you target every interest that comes up in it; plus there’s many interests that you may add to the left side bar, but when you go and create an audience, you just cannot run ads (add them to your interest targeting keywords).
To be sure of what to target, most people would just go into ad manager, and use the fields there – however there’s a better, more efficient way to create audiences. This is perfect if you have a team, and you trained up someone to be a master of creating highly passionate audiences like I have. Why? well, they can get access to this page without ever needing to hop into ad manager/power editor and create all kinds of custom audiences your VA or real life assistant/media buyer can simply select from a drop down when they are ready to put some campaigns online.
Here’s why you can create custom audiences with ease.
- Make sure you have business.facebook.com account setup. The facebook business manager or FBM for short.
- On the top menu click Asset Library > All Tools > Audiences
- On the Audiences screen, click the Create Audience blue button, then click Saved audiences
- Name your audience whatever you want (if you have a system for naming stuff so your media buyer(s) can follow, use it here); and then setup your audience as usual:
- After you are done, click the CREATE AUDIENCE button and that’s it.
Now when you, or your media buyer, or VA go and create Facebook Ad Campaigns they will be able to select the right audience in a click of the mouse rather than having to enter it every single time!