The Complete Guide To Working With Clickadu Traffic Source
With the insane ban waves on Facebook and things not improving after the 2020 Elections, more and more affiliate marketers are looking for alternative traffic sources where they can focus on what they do best – running campaigns.
Clickadu provides a great alternative to Facebook and Google ads in many different formats with one major advantage; you will get support from a human who will tell you how to fix your ads if they get disapproved and what you can do to run the campaigns you want to run – without the worry of getting banished for life from the traffic source.
Here’s a quick overview of what’s in store for affiliates that decide to run traffic through Clickadu:
- 2.5B ln traffic from all over the world (200+ countries) daily fresh out the direct publishers
- Many different traffic formats: Instant Messages, Video Pre-Roll, Skim/Redirect, Popunder, Push, and Inpage Push.
- Dedicated account manager and 24/7 support through live chat and email
- Great targeting options (all the good stuff we as affiliates need including easy day partying setup)
- Antibot / anti-fraud filters built in that can be tracked using your own trackers like RedTrack.
- Wide range of working verticals that are allowed without cloaking
- Narrow targeting (state,city, mobile ISP, OS type/version, Browser version/language, и др.)
- CPC, SmartCPA, SmartCPM, CPM bidding models to choose from
- SSP-platform for providing campaign transparency and automation;
- Different payment methods: Credit cards, PayPal, Paxum, Webmoney, Wire Transfer
- API integration
TOP Verticals for Affiliates Are
- Social & Entertainment (mainstream dating)
Getting an account on Clickadu is simple and fast. Straight forward registration process
If you want to use Clickadu to promote your product or CPA offers, click the “I am an advertiser” button when registering. Use your real contact information.
After registration and authorization via e-mail, you will have access to the advertising account.
First of all, we recommend using the Traffic Inventory tool – with it you can view and evaluate data on the volume and cost of traffic before launching an advertising campaign. If some traffic is not enough for you, the system will buy it automatically from trusted RTB sources.
Creating your 1st Clickadu campaign is a piece of cake, even for a newbie
You can create a campaign from anywhere in your personal account. For example, this can be done in the top navigation menu by simply clicking the “Create campaign” button. After that, come up with a name and choose a suitable ad format for your work.
There are the types of ad formats available on Clickadu traffic source:
Requires a creative (banner/image or video ad).
- Push Notifications is the usual notification format that works on the basis of push-subscriptions. This is a great way to add additional monetization on the go. Despite the fact that Clickadu has its own push notifications database, advertisers still have a lot of traffic.
- InPage Push is a native push message that appears when a user is browsing the Publishers’ website. Unlike Push Notifications it’s available on any OS type, even iOS, and doesn’t require user subscription to show the advertisement so it provides high reach and fill-rate. It works great both in conjunction with push notifications and as an independent advertising format.
- Video Pre-roll is a promotional video ad displayed directly before the content the user has selected on both mobile and desktop. We operate with IAB VAST 3.0 protocol and all JS and HTML players can support it. Video files could be any of these formats: MP4, WMV, AVI, MOV & FLV.
- Instant Text Message is a native dialog window that resembles a system message. Consists of a 30-character title, 30-character text, and OK and Cancel buttons, so users are free to decide whether they are interested in the content or not. This format is great for mobile traffic and performs high CTR rates
Does not require creatives
- Popunder is a separate advertising area that is loaded under the main active window or tab, after clicking on the page. It goes unnoticed until the main browser window or a tab is closed, focusing attention and advertising contact. It wins the problem of “blindness” and perfectly runs on different platforms.The most converting format by far.
- SKIM (Redirect) is a link that a publisher inserts on a specific site element, and after clicking on it, an advertisement appears to the user. This format gives 100% control of your sold traffic amount and allows you to target traffic to specific verticals.
Then choose the ‘feed’ of you campaign – main, adult or both.
‘Vertical’ a new setting that allows you to buy more relevant traffic. Specify the type of vertical for your offer to serve ads on suitable platforms.
‘Target URL’ is a link to the website landing page of your target product. There you can also choose a set of tokens to transfer performance data.
‘User Activity’ is available if the Push Notifications advertising format is selected. Here you can target the duration of the users’ subscription.
- High – no more than 3 days
- Medium – no more than 4-10 days
- Low – no more than 10 days
- Remnant – more than 61 days
When buying traffic from adult sources for adult offers, choose ‘high’.
Their latest advertising format ‘Inpage Push’ was originally created as a traffic type, but right now it is an independant advertising format that has performed very high conversion rate numbers, To run traffic on it you need to firstly choose Push Notifications advertising format and then find this section in campaign creation form
‘Allow only Inpage Push traffic’, as you understand, means that you will drive only Inpage Push traffic to your offers.
- CPC works with creative advertising formats where you pay for clicks only. However, the system requires a test based on CPM to determine whether the traffic matches the offer and pick out the best sources for you. After the successful test, your campaign will work on a cost per click basis.
- CPM allows you to launch ‘reach-like’ campaigns. Here you’ll pay for the unique ad impressions.
- SmartCPA is almost the same as CPC, however, the system matches the sources according to your campaign CR rate. After the successful test, your campaign will work as a plain CPA where you pay for conversions only. We’ll tell you more about them a bit later.
- SmartCPM is almost like CPM but it works on a second-price auction scheme. You choose the ceiling price you’re able to pay for 1000 impressions and if your bid is higher than competitors – you’ll win the first impression and pay at their ceiling price. Also SmartCPM is now powered with a Custom rate feature that allows you to set cost for individual zones (websites) and enhance your budget control.
‘Countries and bid’ is where you can select the countries to which you will run your ad and the bid for it. The rate depends on the ad format, country and platform.
‘Frequency’ is a setting determines how often your ad is shown. The frequency can be adjusted by impressions / clicks.
3 24h means that the user will see the ad 3 times a day or stop seeing it after 3 clicks.
‘Advertising Budget’ allows you to set a budget limit for the day, or for the entire campaign. The fields can be left blank if you do not want to set any limits.
‘Test Settings’ are available for SmartCPA and CPC campaigns. Here you can specify the limit of the test budget, according to which the traffic sources should be selected. You can also set a limit on impressions per source to understand how relevant it is for your offer.
Everything here is pretty standard. As always set targets according to the requests or recommendations for the offer.
Here’s the targetings that Clickadu can offer at the moment:
- connection type — 3G или Wi-Fi.
- OS types : mobile или desktop, operating systems and their versions;
- device types : phone/tablet for mobile devices or TV/Desktop for computer ones;
- mobile ISP (to choose it, you must specify the country and select 3G traffic)
- browsers and browser languages
In Clickadu all sources are called ‘zones’ and have a numerical value. You can restrict zones as the campaign runs in the dashboard section, or apply these settings within the campaign. Create your own black / white lists to increase productivity.
The hidden ‘Campaign Schedule’ tab allows you to run ads at specific hours and set the campaign start / stop period.
Note that the time frames are in the EST time zone, so you need to carefully calculate the time.
In ‘Ad delivery method’ section you can choose whether your budget will be distributed systematically or will take everything possible in a short time.
In Clickadu you can choose to drive traffic to your offers from Anti-Adblock sources and from RTB sources. Specifying both of these settings is optional.
Well, you’re almost done. Please note that there is a preview with advertising settings on the right, where you can check all the filled data. If everything is ok, click “Start Campaign” and the campaign will go to moderation. Moderation takes from 10 minutes to 2 hours. Average time is 22 minutes.
But before that you need to go to the ‘Add Funds’ section as the campaign will not be moderated with zero balance. Payment can be made through payment systems Visa / Mastercard, PayPal, Webmoney or Paxum. If you want to use a bank transfer, please contact your manager.
The minimum deposit is $100 and $ 1000 for Vayer.
API For Experienced Affiliates That Want More Control Over Their Campaigns
With Clickadu advertising API you can:
- Create advertising campaigns remotely
- Pull your account balance info
- Update your campaigns statuses
- Get more comprehensive campaign statistics
- Use the sandbox to execute test requests
Besides, API automatization works with all the supplied advertising formats and supports tracking tools integrations.
To generate an API request you should create an URL with specific parameters. Every API request starts with the certain link:
It must also include token, parameter and format. For more details, see the Clickadu manual.
API is available by the navigation menu for all the advertisers with the ‘approved’ legal status.
How can an advertiser contact Clickadu support team?
The manager’s contact is placed in the top panel of your account. We recommend you to ask him/her for help at any stage of the campaign launch. In addition, you can fill in the ticket form in your personal account or contact support team directly – for this, write to the guys via mail.
Final Thoughts About Clickadu and Why You Should Try This Traffic Source Today
I have been a huge fan of alternative traffic sources for the past few years because you just can’t sustain a business if you spend every waking hour dealing with account bans, disapprovals and other BS the big guys (Facebook, Google Ads) throw at you.
One of the biggest advantages of working with Clickadu is that they provide 1 on 1 support, you get your own rep. You can check whats working already and get insights into what to promote, and you can also get things going without having to worry about losing your ad account for ___fill_in_the_blank_random_reason___.
They are going to tell you if something is not compliant and how to fix it so it gets approved. You get to deal with a human which makes things so much easier.
I highly recommend trying every single ad format, and doing tests after you did some spying to learn what’s already working on Clickadu. No need to reinvent the wheel just improve it!
The API can come in handy with tools like the Optimizer, so you can automate the optimization and bidding up (scaling) process on the top placements.
Get your account setup, and give it a go.
PS: Spy on traffic sources like ZeroPark, Propeller and test out the campaigns that work over there on Clickadu. You will be surprised how well cut n pasting a winning campaign from one traffic source to the next can work!